Monday, May 9, 2016

A challenge for Christian life

Two weeks ago I finished a book that really impressed me.

On our church retreat last weekend I felt the urge to tell others about it. I don't talk often about the books I read because people usually aren't interested. But in this case followed were interesting discussions.

Here's my review for Netgalley and Goodreads:

"I just finished this insightful book with tears in my eyes. I would want every evangelical pastor, every Christian youth group leader, every Christian parent of teenagers to read this book.

It's not a common issue for a novel nor is it an easy one. How does it effect the whole family if you learn (in this case by attempted suicide) that your child is homosexual? What about all the values and the right path to salvation you have been teaching them all their live? Is it your fault? What can you do now?

I am a devoted Christian and I must admit that I recognize a lot of Jenn's thoughts and fears, but I got incredibly angry with her pastor and the camp that was supposed to transform Josh and cure him.

This novel shows how easily we can break our children and with them our families by putting too much pressure on them, by expecting them to live according what we feel as right and by putting law over love."

Laila told me she enjoys contact with  her readers and even skyping with bookclubs. Her website: http://www.lailaibrahim.com/

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for spreading the word about Living Right. I really appreciate it. Feel free to let folks know that I enjoy Skyping/calling into bookclubs too.

    Best wishes,

    Laila

    ReplyDelete